Front End Developer
JOB TITLE: Front End Developer
SUPERVISOR: Manager, Front End Development
DATE: April 2012
This position is a connection between our design and development services, and will be pivotal in improving the quality, efficiency and creativity of website and email development.
Also, this person will add initial content and functionality to sites via static HTML or a content management system.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Code Creation and Interface Generation
- Develop standards-compliant, semantically complete HTML proof-of-concepts from finished design files
- Create extendable and reusable email templates for a variety of platforms
- Execute front-end code changes for products in production and ongoing project styling support as required
- Stay up to date on and increase the company's knowledge of best practices, usability and accessibility as it relates to development
- Enter content for pages being developed used the specified CMS, as directed by project managers
- Execute HTMIL changes for statiic sites as required
- Style and implement easier means for content entry within CMS-based sites
- Create manageable and maintainable page templates for a selected CMS
Testing and Quality Assurance
- Complete initial development for browser compatability, accessibility, compliance with the development specification and bugs before delivering to QA team
- Use bug tracking software to identify, track and correct all development issues
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong working knowledge of current HTML and CSS coding practices
- Framework-assisted scripting knowledge, including AJAX, animation and progressively enhanced interfaces
- Website design creation experience
- Familiarity with the Adobe suite of software, such as Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
- Eagerness to thrive in a challenging and collaborative work environment
CREDENTIALS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent industry experience
- Two to five years of web development experience
At Optiem, we’re building the next-generation agency with people who are passionate about interactive marketing and unafraid of change. We help clients build innovative marketing strategies that drive results through cutting edge technologies and traditional, web, search and email marketing tactics.
This job description reflects the anticipated duties of the position; however, responsibilities may evolve and change as business dictates.
HOW TO APPLY
If you're excited to become part of Optiem's interactive team, you need only to provide a few simple documents to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- An organized resume, along with salary requirements
- Several code samples, available online or offline
- A semantically coded example of this job description, no CSS necessary – code creativity counts!