Paid Search Specialist
REPORTS DIRECTLY TO: Paid Search Manager
DATE: September 2012
The Paid Search Specialist will support the Paid Search Manager in developing and executing strategic and tactical initiatives to meet client goals and objectives. The Paid Search Specialist will work under the supervision of the Paid Search Manager and assist in day-to-day tasks relating to campaign set-up, implementation, management and reporting for Optiem clients. The ideal candidate is self-motivated, entrepreneurial, outgoing and has a minimum of 2 years' online marketing experience. Experience with search engine marketing campaign management is a plus.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in the successful management of multiple Paid Search campaigns.
- Perform daily analysis of key metrics to ensure client goals and objectives are being met.
- Use analytics data to glean insights, identify trends and make strategic recommendations to improve campaign performance.
- Conduct keyword research and assign relevant landing pages; categorize in an optimal way.
- Write effective ad copy messaging and conduct A/B landing page tests.
- Generate and apply unique URL tracking parameters from multiple analytics sources.
- Suggest keyword bid and campaign budget adjustments based on performance analysis.
- Troubleshoot ad serving errors, analytics tracking issues, and reporting discrepancies.
- Create and complete regularly scheduled performance reports.
- Recommend new marketing initiatives based on seasonality, industry updates and client-related events.
- Complete quality assurance audits on all client deliverables.
- Maintain relationship with advertising and technology partners.
- Conduct competitive and industry research to stay current with market trends, updates and general advertising strategies.
- Help build and grow Optiem’s search engine marketing practice.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Strong analytical background with the ability to understand, manipulate and interpret performance data
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work under tight deadlines in a high-pressure environment and adjust to multiple demands and shifting priorities
- Strong leadership, organizational and time management skills; ability to maintain a detailed project plan
- Creative, “out-of-the-box” thinking and idea generation skills
- Knowledge about the Search industry and general Search Engine Optimization best practices a plus
- Proactive, energetic personality; strives to learn new skills and share knowledge with industry professionals
- Passionate about the internet and Search industry
CREDENTIALS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree required: Marketing, Business, Communications, or related program
- Minimum 2 years of online marketing experience; search engine marketing experience a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Office with advanced working knowledge of Excel
- Experience using search engine advertising interfaces, Google AdWords and Microsoft adCenter
- Experience with advanced analytics platforms, ClearSaleing, WebTrends, or related a plus
At Optiem, we’re building the next-generation agency with people who are passionate about interactive marketing and unafraid of change. We help clients build innovative marketing strategies that drive results through traditional, web, search, and email marketing tactics as well as cutting-edge technologies. Please forward resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This job description reflects the anticipated duties of the position; however, responsibilities may evolve and change as business dictates.