Ongoing Testing & Refinement
Optiem Quality Assurance provides a structured approach to testing the functionality of all web development and changes to existing web sites to assure they meet requirements. The core objective of testing is to measure the quality of the finished product.
This involves testing under controlled conditions and evaluating the results. The controlled conditions should include both normal and abnormal conditions. By design, the testing will attempt to make things go wrong to establish if the software is performing when and how it should.
The structured approach includes:
- Test Strategy: A test strategy and approach for the project is defined at the beginning of the project
- Test Case Development: Test Cases are created that test the functionality defined in the Development Specification
- Proof of Concept Testing: The Proof of Concept is tested to ensure it matches the design and works properly across all supported browsers
- Test Case Execution: Once development is done, QA personnel will run through all of the test cases. Any issues will be recorded into an issue tracking system and sent to the appropriate developer or designer for resolution
- Issue Resolution: Developers and designers fix the issues defined in the issue tracking system and they are sent back to QA for retesting. QA then retests the issue and closes the issue or sends it back to the developer or designer for further resolution
- Post Launch Smoke Test: After the launch, QA will perform a cursory test of the live site to test for any issues that occurred during the launch process